Sunday 20 March 2016

Student-Led Conference


"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."

Benjamin Franklin




The student-led conference went on very smoothly. We are proud to say that everyone was on time! As we rang the bell, students led their parents to a different center. The centers were decided by the students and included the following:  Maths, Portfolio, Author's Chair and Board games (disease unit).
Moving around to get a glimpse of how the students were doing, we could hear confident and happy voices. The parents were very supportive and they seemed to be enjoying themselves very much. There was a great hum in the room.
Maybe the background music (Richard Clayderman helped a bit!)
At times, a few students realised, as they chatted with their parents, they needed to revisit certain concepts. This was because the parents were asking very probing and deep questions. 
This shows how great a tool a portfolio can be as a  formative assessment.

After the SLC, we will reflect on how it went. And then set new goals.













   

             
                               

No comments:

Post a Comment